Monday, February 14, 2011

Heartbook




Maybe it's because it's Valentine's Day and I've seen hearts absolutely everywhere. Maybe it's because I'm sick of reading all of the sicky-sweet "I love my pookie-wookie-ookie bear" statuses that keep cropping up on my Facebook news feed.

But tonight, I'm imagining a world without Facebook.

Instead, I'd like to see someone's Heartbook.

Isn't that a funny idea?

A Heartbook wouldn't just have our most attractive pictures tagged, our favorite song lyrics posted and a number of "friends" climbing endlessly higher. It wouldn't post what you want people to know about you. It wouldn't allow you to shape an image based around a persona you create with groups and favorites and likes and dislikes.

It would be real and true, revealing the very condition of our hearts. Instead of counting friends, it would count good deeds. Instead of posting superficial comments, it would force you to speak only the truth, what you really think.

It would be like in the movie "Shallow Hal" when Hal actually sees people for their character instead of for their looks.

Don't you think it would challenge you to act differently if the picture of you displayed what your heart is like on the inside? If the words on your page revealed your inner thoughts and feelings?

Isn't that a cool idea?!

But now I'm starting to wonder - what would my Heartbook look like?

What would yours?

Now I Know:
Just add truth serum, and I am the next Mark Zuckerberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment