Thursday, August 25, 2011
My Birthday Wish List
In a few days I turn the ripe old age of 27.
I'm not too thrilled.
27 sounds waaaay closer to 30 than 26 does. Plus, I thought I just turned 26 like an hour ago. Why is time zipping by at such an impossibly fast rate? How have I been out of college for (gulp!) 6 years?? How are all my friends having babies that now have birthdays of their own???
Anyhoo I've been dreaming up some perfectly unrealistic and selfish birthday wishes. Here's what I came up with:
1. A minion. Two would be even better. Preferably they would be super fast and proficient at grading papers, doing car rider duty, and ironing.
2. A birthday serenade from Blake Shelton.
Heck, since this is my dream list, how about just make it Blake Shelton's unmarried twin brother that wants to serenade me every day of my life.
3. A Zoe's Kitchen station in the school cafeteria.
4. A diamond cross necklace like Gwenyth Paltrow in Country Strong. But maybe smaller. Hers was a liiiiiitle ostentatious.
5. A starring role in one of the insanely witty and catchy Target "Back to School" commercials. I can't get enough of them.
6. An Anthropologie in Greenville (do I really have to wait 2 more years?)
7. This coat from Anthro (how fabulous is this, seriously?!)
8. An iPad. I have absolutely no need for one. No need. My 5 year old MacBook is trucking along just fine. But they're so darn COOL. And this is my wish list.
9. Getting to cross off "riding a mechanical bull" from my life list. Bet some of y'all can help me with this one Saturday night!
Now I know:
When it's that hard to come up with birthday wishes, you know life is pretty dang good.