Sunday, August 14, 2011

How to Make a Beautiful Life



Someone gave me a birthday card a few years ago - is it terrible that I can't remember who it was?! - that has the message below printed on the outside of the card.

It spoke to me so immediately and so powerfully that I typed it up right then. I'm not sure why. Maybe I feared I would lose that card. Truth be told, I probably have. But I found it in a Word document document today and wanted to share it with all of you.

I guess the thing that strikes me is the power we hold. It's your life. Go make it beautiful.

How to Make a Beautiful Life

Love yourself.

Make peace with who you are

and where you are

at this moment in time.

Listen to your heart.

If you can't hear what it's saying in this noisy world,

make time for yourself.

Enjoy your own company.

Let your mind wander among the stars.

Try.

Take chances.

Make mistakes.

Life can be messy and confusing at times,

but it's also full of surprises.

The next rock in your path might be a stepping stone.

Be happy.

When you don't have what you want,

want what you have.

Make do.

That's a well kept secret of contentment.

There aren't any shortcuts to tomorrow.

You have to make your own way.

To know where you're going is only part of it.

You need to know where you've been, too.

And if you ever get lost,

don't worry.

The people who love you will find you.

Count on it.


Now I know:
At least one Hallmark card writer needs to be promoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment