Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Enjoy the Ride



The last few weeks, I've felt like a dog riding in a car with its head sticking out the car window.

Life is FLYING past me. I can barely catch my breath. But I'm loving every minute of the ride.

In the past two weeks, I've been to Charleston and back twice.

I saw pure joy on the face of one of my little girls who had never seen the beach before. I snapped a picture of her with her arms stretched out like she could embrace the whole ocean. Her eyes were closed and her smile was so wide I thought her face might break.

I drunk in the sight of southern sparkling gray water from the top of the Cooper River Bridge. I didn't make my goal time, but I enjoyed every step of the 1 hour, two minutes it took me to finish. I pointed to the bands playing on the sidelines and they pointed back. "I see you girl! I see you!" shouted one of the singers. I waved to the Chick-fil-A cows cheering us on. The man that finished alongside of me gave me a high five as we crossed the finish. The race made me feel healthy, strong, alive.

I laid on the beach and soaked up the sun. Maybe a little too much - the back of my legs were red enough to prove that sunscreen would've been a marvelous idea. I chalk it up to making up for a long winter without essential vitamin D. I love my farmer's tan base tan!

I enjoyed a delicious low country boil, savored the shrimp and potatoes and corn. What a huge treat it was to enjoy this delicious meal with incredible friends! This is the taste of summer.

I got stuck in traffic. Terrible, bumper to bumper, stop and go, crawling for hours traffic on the way home. Instead of being grumpy about it, me and my best of friends just decided to sing our lungs out to the most girlie girl mix of all time. I laughed until I cried as Mollye read out the names of podunk South Carolina towns from the map. I definitely think a road trip to Wisacky, South Carolina is now on my bucket list.

I led worship for my LIFE group with a whole set of Bebo Norman songs. I have woken up several days in a row singing the lyrics. I felt encouraged and blessed by the community around me.

I talked on the phone with several family members. I know I am incredibly lucky to have so many people that love and care about me and want to know what is going on in my life.

The "Life is Good" brand may be a little played out, but I agree with the slogan 1000%.

Now I know:
Time flies when you're having fun, and I'd like to give it a speeding ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment