Friday, January 3, 2014

#7




It all started with two little words. 

Praline. 

Bacon. 

You read that right. There's a little gem in Belton, SC, that cooks up the best breakfast this side of my momma's kitchen. 



Grits and Groceries is a tiny southern eatery located in a renovated old country store off Highway 185. The owners both had notable careers in prominent restaurants, but decided to start their own restaurant when they found out they were having a baby. Pretty lucky kid, if you ask me. 

I'd heard tales of their magical Saturday brunch for years. And let me tell ya, the tales lived up to the experience. 

The ONLY thing that could be better than eating there - cause y'all, it was truly that tasty- was that the whole thing was a surprise. 

(I love surprises even more than praline bacon. And my boyfriend knows it.)

He picked me up and told me we were going to Stax's- but I got a little suspicious when we got on the interstate and noticed that the GPS was running on his phone. Eventually I put the pieces together and freaked out. 

Cause honestly...what's more romantic than a dozen roses?

Praline bacon, that's what. 


This stuff was magical and addictive. Sweet, salty, crunchy, bacon perfection. 

My stuffed French toast was slathered with a rich berry cream cheese filling. I'm drooling right now just thinking about it. 

I actually want to drive there right now and try everything else on their mouth-watering menu. 



To top it all off, Derek bought me this adorable perfect little hand-thrown mug to commemorate our trip. 


I give Grits and Groceries 4 stars and Derek 10,000 cool points for taking me there. Best Saturday brunch ever. 

Now I know:
Some restaurants are worth the hour drive. Some guys are worth the 29 year wait. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE!!!! The bacon sounds amazing and this guy sounds like a keeper, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete