Friday, January 3, 2014

#21

This one gets crossed off the list thanks to two very special friends. 

#21 on my 30x30 list is: Make and mail Christmas cards. 

I've wanted to do this for years- but I always procrastinate. 

Because seriously, it's kind of awkward as a non-married, non-mother, non-pet-owner. 

I can't send a picture card. I don't have a husband or a kid or even a cat to include a picture of. Heck, my pathetic little beta fish Sharkbait died this summer. Can't even put him on a card. 

Well one day my sweet friend Jean Thomas suggested helping me make some adorable stamped cards  to send to friends. I was all psyched up for it - and then got sick the Sunday we were supposed to make them. 

Alas....I thought #21 would probably never be crossed off the list. 

Lucky for me, my class always gets our picture taken by the Christmas tree at school. 

Lucky for me, my team ordered me 20 copies of that picture. 

Lucky for me, another sweet friend and second grade teacher, Holly Rouse, went out and picked up photo cards for me the last week of school.


I popped those pictures in, wrote a simple message on the back, and delivered the cards (along with  candy canes) to my 20 adorable 2nd grade students. 



The kids kept asking if the cards were really for them and if they could keep them. Talk about filling my heart with happiness! 

Maybe I'll get around to making my own Christmas cards in 2014. Until then, I'll be writing thank you cards to the people that support, love, and encourage me. That will keep me busy for awhile!

Now I know:
I get by with a lot of help from my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment